The Melton Foundation is hiring!
We are recruiting a Marketing and Communications Manager.
If you've found this posting here, you probably already know about us and the exciting work of promoting and modeling global citizenship. But just to recap:
The Melton Foundation actively promotes global citizenship as a way for individuals and organizations to work together across boundaries of place and identity to address global challenges. We accomplish this through a portfolio of hands-on projects and activities that involve a growing network of Melton Fellows, universities, and partners in diverse world regions who share our commitment to global citizenship.
The Melton Foundation (MF) currently has 450 Melton Fellows and six partner universities in Chile, China, Germany, Ghana, India, and the US. The MF is in an exciting stage of growth, having recently added a new partner university, and we seek a candidate who will join us in promoting our work to a wider global audience.
Please check out the rest of our website for further details.
- About that job...
Reporting to the Program Director and the Director of Development, the Marketing and Communications Manager will collaborate with staff, board members, partner institutions, and Melton Fellows to implement our marketing strategy and successfully promote the work of the Foundation in order to broaden and expand our public profile.
The successful candidate for this position will thus possess a proven ability to execute a marketing strategy and identify new audiences, as well as exceptional communications skills in social media and web copy, experience with film and video production, and an enthusiasm for the MF’s unique mission. Native-level English language skills are required.
The key component of this position is to effectively communicate and promote the work of our Fellows, and the various ways in which the Melton Foundation is advancing its mission, to new audiences. It also entails deepening and maintaining relations among our current audiences and within our internal network.
In addition, the Melton Foundation produces an annual Global Citizenship Conference (GCC), and the Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing a marketing strategy for the GCC.
- Identifying new audiences for the Melton Foundation’s work and implementing outreach tactics to reach them
- Managing social media content, messaging, and strategy
- Creating and curating public facing content for our website and other communication avenues
- Coordinating photo and video productions as needed
- Overseeing print publications
- Supervising upkeep of the Melton Foundation website and implementing changes
- Acting as the chief liaison between internal and external communications
- Managing content creation by Melton Fellows (blogs, social media posts, etc.)
- Writing and editing blogs for external audiences
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two to four years experience in managing and implementing a non-profit’s marketing plan
- Extensive strategic use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to support external relations
- Evidence of strong writing and oral communication skills; native-level English
- Excellent copy editing skills
- Knowledge of CMS maintenance
- Familiarity with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Photo Shop is desirable for communicating with out of house editors
- Capability with event coordination, particularly in relation to marketing
- Availability to travel abroad
- Basic ability or better in any of the following languages is a strong asset: Chinese, French, German, Hindi, or Spanish
- Strong interpersonal and cross cultural aptitudes
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit; a natural self-starter
- Ability to think strategically
- International experience; well versed in global affairs
- Work and/or study related to leading global issues
- Prior success working across cultures and in collaborative, distributed teams
- Genuine commitment to the MF’s mission and core values
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
While not essential to the position, we envision that there may be opportunities to teach and train Melton Fellows in communication and marketing skills that will enable them to promote the work of the Foundation and its Fellows. A candidate with a background that would enable them to work with Fellows in this capacity would thus be beneficial.
As a member of the MF’s Executive Office, the Marketing and Communications Manager should be comfortable in a cooperative, collegial environment.
We welcome candidates with broad international exposure, a sense of humor, a willingness to learn, the ability to give and receive positive and critical feedback, and a sense of adventure. Candidates should also embody global citizenship through prior work, study, and life experiences across geographies and cultures. Finally, the successful candidate will be expected to travel abroad several times a year for a period of one to two weeks.
The MF is a networked organization with staff and partner institutions worldwide. The successful candidate for this position will not be geographically limited. The candidate is expected to provide her/his own workspace (home, shared office, etc.). The MF will cover direct costs of connectivity, travel, and software required by the job.
Thank you to all of our applicants. The application process is now closed.
There are no comments