The Melton Foundation offers grants year-round to support Melton Fellows in developing skills, perspective and wider networks to further their capacity as global citizens and contribute towards building an equitable, sustainable, and peaceful world.
In almost 10 years of granting, more than 100 Fellows’ initiatives have been awarded with a Melton Foundation grant to
- build awareness and/or further awareness raising around global issues and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs),
- develop individual and collective responsibility for sustained, collaborative action,
- grow capacity to collaboratively drive and sustain social impact at the local and/or global level,
- further the design, implementation and evaluation of collaborative actions that embody the spirit of global citizenship practice and further social impact, or
- support coordinated social-impact efforts in a particular or across (emerging) Melton Foundation HUB regions to promote global citizenship practice(s) and the organization’s mission.
Click here for details and to apply (Note: applications are restricted to Melton Fellows)
All grant applications undergo a rigorous assessment process that benchmarks strength, tangibility and practicability to determine which applications meet our competitive selection criteria. A grant committee composed of Melton Fellows from diverse backgrounds and regions spearheads this process. The cultural and professional diversity of this committee ensures that all grant proposals are assessed through a prism of multiple perspectives so that the plurality of interests and convictions that live within our Fellows network is considered.
In addition to tangible benefits for individual Fellows or groups, Melton Foundation grants enable different approaches and creative solutions to today’s challenges within local and global societies. In working together with grantees, we help develop the projects, monitor progress, and measure success to ensure that the projects have maximum impact.