Your Privacy Matters
Friends and Followers of the Melton Foundation
At the Melton Foundation, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Click here for detailed information of how we process your personal data and your rights arising from the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Fellows and Members of the Melton Foundation
Members of the Melton Foundation have access to the password protected Fellows’ Space, the heart of our online network which includes tools like our member directory. By default, privacy settings are set so that you can easily find like-minded Fellows, make new friends and extend your personal and professional networks without exposing any private information to the outside world. A privacy control toggle allows you to decide how much of your information you want to share with other Fellows or the MF staff. To illustrate the diversity of our community around the world, we show some of our Fellows’ achievements publicly. This includes your name, information about your membership in the Melton Foundation, country of residence, as well as a few selected fields about your abilities as global citizen.
Read on to find out all about how your personal information actually works for you.
- THE SCOPE OF THIS STATEMENT
At the Melton Foundation, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your information. This Privacy Statements applies to our community portal at fellows.meltonfoundation.org, including our Fellows' Directory. By using any of the above named sites or services, you consent to the practices laid out in this Privacy Statement.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We use the information that you provide to personalize your experience on our website(s) and to be able to easily establish contact to you for informative purposes or opportunities of collaboration.
- VISITING OUR PORTAL
We us cookies to collect information about your computer and your visits to our website with the aim to improve your experience on our Fellows Portal.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
As member of the Melton Foundation, you have access the password protected Fellows’ Portal – our core online networking tool. After logging into the Fellows’ Space you can manage your information in the Personal and Professional Profile. Only the information related to your Fellowship in the Melton Foundation will be populated automatically. Under “Manage your account” you can decide what information you want to provide, and how much of your information you want to share with other Fellows or the Melton Foundation staff. The privacy toggle above each field shows you the degree of visibility of your information.
- Private: only you and the administrator of the website can access your information.
- Fellows only: the selected information can be viewed and searched only by members of the Melton Foundation after login.
- No toggle displayed: a small selection of interesting information about you appears on the Fellows Directory and is visible without log in. If you prefer to remain incognito to the world, you can opt-out by making your public basic profile invisible to visitors of our website.
The information you share works for you, because
- Other members of our community can find and connect to you based on the professional and personal information you share about yourself
- We can better target periodic notifications about your membership, network updates, messages, or arising opportunities to your interests and needs.
- MEMBER SEARCH
By default, privacy settings are set so that you can easily search and find like-minded Fellows, make new friends and extend your personal and professional networks without exposing private information to externals. The Fellows Directory includes two search functions and can help you find – intentionally or by chance – those people you want to meet. The search function only works, if you share your information with other Fellows by setting the privacy toggle to Viewable by Fellows. Then, you can benefit from the following:
- The "Related Fellows" section shows you Fellows who have something in common with you – shared interest, batch, location, passion about a certain global issue, etc. This is an indirect search function and gives you the opportunity to unintended ‘run into’ really interesting people that you should meet.
- The Member Search Bar lets you browse the directory to help you find the Fellow(s) you are be looking for – be it a neighbor or a collaborator for your project. The state-of-the-art semantic search makes it an intuitive tool to use, and gets you the results you want.
You can manage the privacy of your information at any time by logging into the Fellows’ Space and navigate to ‘Manage Your Account’. The privacy toggle above each field helps you identify you the degree of visibility of your information.
- MF MAILING LISTS
As a Fellow, you are subscribed to to different mailing groups to connect you to different segments within our community. Please review the subscription notice in the footer ef each mail for details.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited emails sent by us or purporting to be sent by us, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time-to-time, we will remind you to update your member profile or to complete your information such as job title, number of employees, country of origin, type of business, or global challenges you are passionate about to better target our communications in order to be even more relevant to you.
- DATA SECURITY
We are committed to providing you with a safe online experience. We will never sell your personal or professional information to any third party, other than as necessary for the functions of the Melton Foundation Fellows Portal and including Gorilla Web Studio for the overall maintenance of the site.
- FELLOWS' SPACE AND MEMBER DIRECTORY
Only members of the Melton Foundation have access to our online Fellows' Directory and you are in full charge of your information. The privacy toggle helps you identify the visibility of your Personal Information for each field; including the mandatory fields (unless indicated otherwise) – and in many cases you can change the setting to be more private or more public:
- Privacy toggle set to Private: this information can only be access by the staff of the Melton Foundation and will be used for tracking purposes and keeping you informed about activities and arising opportunities that may interest you
- Privacy toggle set to Fellows only: this information can be seen, searched and put to good use by the members of the Melton Foundation, i.e. after login.
- There is no privacy toggle: this information appears along with basic information about your Fellowship (campus and year joining the Foundation) as part of your personal profile, which is visible to all Fellows upon log-in.
- USAGE REPORTS
We only track this information in the aggregate and we never match usage data to any personally identifiable information. No specific or personally identifiable information collected through this process is ever shared with a third party.
- MODIFICATIONS AND POLICY CHANGES
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any changes or modifications to this policy will be posted on this page.
This policy was last revised on March 01, 2020.
- CONTACT US
Should you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com.