Call for SF Trainers: New Fellow Orientation 2017
Join the trainer team of the next NFO in Berlin (Germany) from 20 - 25 January 2017!
The New Fellow Orientation (NFO) brings together all New Fellows of the Melton Foundation to solidify the knowledge, competencies, and perspectives developed in the six-month online training, to get to know each other in person and to build bonds of trust among the Fellows, and design projects in which teams of Fellows will tackle important issues following the orientation meeting.
- WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE SIX MONTH ONLINE? (click for details)
The New Fellow component of the Global Citizenship Program started in May 2016. Over the course of 6 months, the most recent batch of Melton Fellows have develop core abilities of global citizenship in order to build awareness for global issues and their local implications, strengthen their sense of responsibility as change agents in their communities and explore methods, tools and skills in order to take meaningful action in order to tackle global challenges with local impact.
Each month was dedicated to a particular aspect that is at the core of Global Citizenship. At the beginning of a month, the New Fellows received an impulse on topics like Global Citizenship, Cultural Awareness and Intercultural Communication, The power of communications, Design Thinking, Systems Thinking, Pathways to taking Action. During the following 2-3 weeks, they carried out a small task to apply and internalize the inputs. A reflection session at the end of each month provided a space for Fellows to share their experience and collectively harvest their learnings.
NFO - Framework & Competencies
The NFO concludes the six-month online program by building on these contents and developing them further in an in-person context.
Over the course of five days, participants will develop individual and collective competencies further. They will identify the issues they feel strongly about and form small project teams with like minded peers. They will furthermore explore methods, tools and skills to work together effectively in order to address these issues in a meaningful and tangible way.
The following areas are at the center of the NFO(*):
- Global Citizenship Mindset
- Intercultural Competence / Intercultural Communication
- Responsible Leadership & Motivation
- Effective Teamwork (online)
- Developing & Managing Projects for Impact
- Communications & Marketing / Storytelling
The NFO is a space for Senior Fellows to bring their expertise, share about their journey as Global Citizens, and help New Fellows understand and leverage the power of our network and the manifold ways in which the Melton Foundation can make a difference in people's’ lives.
We are looking for Senior Fellows, who
- Have experience as trainer or facilitators who are knowledgeable in one or more of the above areas and can design and deliver dynamic and experience-based activities - competency-oriented field visits, mini-challenges, workshops, etc. - at the NFO.
- Can serve as a mentor(**) to any one or two of the project teams being designed during the NFO.
- Are willing to share their journey as global Citizens to inspire the new generation of Fellows.
- Are available to assist at least two prep calls with the Trainer Team and to co-develop and prepare for workshops and activities accordingly prior to the NFO.
How to Apply
All Senior Fellows, who meet at least two of the three trainer requirements and are available at the time of the NFO, can apply. The Melton Foundation will provide a grant in support of travel expenses to Berlin (Germany), as well as lodging and meals for trainers during the NFO.
Here’s how to apply:
- Make sure your Fellows Profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will base our decision on the information provided in your basic profile, contact information, and professional information.
- Send a letter of motivation together with
- A summary of your expertise in the respective field of competency
- A brief explanation of your experience as trainer and/or facilitator
- A rough outline of the activity / training you propose to do at the NFO (we are always looking for novel ways of building competencies - surprise us)
- A short recap of one or more aspects of your life that exemplify global citizenship in action and/or that highlight the relevance of the MF in your personal / professional development
Please send your applications to Juli Maier and Lars Dietzel by 30 October 2016.
For further questions or more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
(*) What if the field that speaks to your capability as a trainer is not on the list, but you’re convinced that it’s a necessary component in developing global citizens? Submit your proposal to let us know!
(**) Project Team mentors support their team throughout the planification and implementation of their project following the NFO until the next GCC, which includes hosting four mentoring calls between Jan - Aug 2017 and (at least) monthly emails to the group.
There are no comments